Fish Recipe With Mustard | Indian Cuisine. Check my blog here: http://www.bengalicurry.com/
This is an Indian fish recipe and it is prepared in typical Bengali method. In the eastern region of India, generally people used to fry the fish slightly and then it is cooked with spices and other ingredients. Here in this recipe, mustard paste is the main ingredient which will add very nice flavor to the fish. Some other ingredients or spices are also used to enrich the overall taste. This recipe is good combination with any kind of steamed rice.
Ingredients (Serves 2 persons):
4 - 5 pieces of fish (I am using rohu fish here)
2 tablespoon mustard oil
1 tablespoon mustard paste
1 tablespoon poppy seed paste
2 green chili cut in half
1 tablespoon shredded onion
1 tablespoon tomato puree
1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
1/ 4 teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt based on your taste
1. First thing we are going to do is mix some turmeric powder and salt with fish pieces. So take a pinch of turmeric powder and pour on fish pieces. Keep rest of turmeric powder for later use. Also add a pinch of salt. Then mix turmeric powder and salt nicely with these pieces.
2. Now we will fry these fish pieces slightly. So take approximately 1 tablespoon mustard oil on a frying pan. Let the oil heat up a little bit.
3. Then put fish pieces on the pan with the oil. Be careful here with the hot oil as it will splatter as soon as we add fish with oil.
4. Keep flipping fish pieces frequently so that all sides are fried equally. It will take around 3 - 4 minutes and then surface of the fish pieces will start changing into light brown color.
5. We are not going to fry these too much. As soon as it is turning into light brown color, pick them up and keep aside.
6. There may be some oil already left on the pan. Next thing we are going to do is add some more oil for preparing the gravy.
7. Add shredded onion and mix it with the oil.
8. Add ginger garlic paste.
9. Allow approximately a minute. Then add tomato puree. Mix well with onion.
10. Now add little salt, green chili and turmeric powder. Mix them together with the gravy.
11. Again allow approximately a minute and then add mustard paste. Mix it with the gravy.
12. Now add some water, not too much. Then add fish pieces with this gravy.
13. Cover the pan with a lid to cook fish pieces nicely with the gravy. Allow 4 to 5 minutes.
14. After 5 minute, open the lid and check if fish is soft and cooked. Then add poppy seed paste to the gravy and mix it nicely.
15. Again allow approximately 2 minutes to boil without any lid on the pan. This will make the gravy thicker.
16. After 2 minutes, fish curry with mustard is done. Serve hot with steamed rice.
Try this and let me know if you like it. Please rate and comment on my video; also subscribe to my channel for more recipes.
Music courtesy of Kevin MacLeod (http://www.incompetech.com)
Tags: Fish Recipe With Mustard | Indian Cuisine, Lunch, Idea, Dinner, Indian, Style, Bengali, Curry, Home, Made, Food, Drink, Cooking, Kitchen, Recipe, Taste, Fish Recipe, Fish Curry, Mustard, Poppy Seed, Indian Cuisine, Indian Recipe, Non-Veg Recipe, Indian side dish