Honey Mustard and Vegetable Sandwich by Tarla Dalal. Honey Mustard and Vegetable Sandwich,
Recipe Link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Honey-Mustard-and-Vegetable-Sandwich-39006r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Honey Mustard and Vegetable Sandwich
You may not have ingredients like mustard paste, foot long bread and coloured capsicum at hand, but with a little planning you can create a truly appetizing vegetable sandwich. Honey, mustard paste and butter combine to make a very tasty and distinctively flavoured spread.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes. Cooking time: Nil. Makes 4 sandwiches.
2 footlong bread (12" each)
4 tbsp honey
¼ cup melted butter
2 tsp readymade mustard (rai / sarson) paste
8 iceberg lettuce leaves
24 tomatoes slices
24 cucumber slices
1 cup coloured capsicum strips (red and yellow)
16 fresh basil leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
1. Combine the honey, melted butter and mustard paste in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
2. Place each footlong bread on a dry, flat surface and cut into halves. You will get 4 pieces of 6" each. Cut each piece horizontally into 2.
3. Apply a little prepared honey-mustard paste on each of the bread halves. Keep aside.
4. Place the lower half of a bread piece on a clean, dry surface with the honey-mustard spread side facing upwards.
5. Place two ice-berg lettuce, 6 tomato slices, 6 cucumber slices, ¼ cup coloured capsicum strips and 4 basil leaves over it. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over it.
6. Place an upper half of a bread piece with the honey-mustard spread facing downwards and press it lightly.
7. Repeat steps 4 to 6 to make 3 more sandwiches.
Tags: Honey Mustard and Vegetable Sandwich by Tarla Dalal